- This event has passed.
Mother-tongue or heritage language teacher?
November 17, 2015 @ 5:30 am - 7:00 pm
Teaching a language in a supplementary school
We are planning to deliver this six-week course for supplementary school teachers at Resource for London. This is an opportunity for individual teachers to develop their skills without having to wait for your local authority or school to book the course – which may not happen soon!
If you think you would be interested, if you want to find out more, if you are concerned about how you will pay for the course and how it will benefit you in developing you work skills and prospects – then come to this short introduction and information session.
The full course:
- concentrates specifically on language-teaching eg. Turkish, Arabic, Chinese, Bengali, Polish, etc. but also applies to those teaching English as an additional language;
- raises awareness of teachers’ own education, language-history and experiences of learning a language;
- improves knowledge of how to teach a language to children;
- gives practical help in devising listening, speaking, reading and writing objectives;
- helps in adapting and making teaching resources; and
- assists with creating a scheme of work or syllabus.