- This event has passed.
OOSS Webinar One: Adapting to Lockdown and Restriction
December 2, 2020 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pmFree
The National Resource Centre for Supplementary Education (NRCSE) in Partnership with Young People’s Foundations, Securing Success and John Lyon’s Charity is pleased to announce a webinar series entitled ‘London’s Out of School Settings Rise to the Challenge’. Presented by and for London’s diverse out-of-school settings offering educational opportunities to children and young people in the capital, these webinars will be of interest to all those working with community organisations to supplement children’s education.
This three-part webinar series is an opportunity to hear from invited speakers and out-of-school settings about how to meet the challenge of the coronavirus pandemic and adapt to new ways of working. Each webinar will offer practical ideas, advice and best practice with a chance to ask questions.
OOSS Webinar One: Adapting to Lockdown and Restrictions:
- A look at the challenges and restrictions facing OOSS and how groups have been meeting these challenges.
- Showcase presentations from out-of-school settings including
– Tools for successful online delivery
– Prompt and effective consultation with students and parents
– Video conferencing tools – built-in electronic whiteboards
– Measuring effectiveness
– Maintaining quality of teaching and engagement/fees/IT
– Preparing students for accreditation/exams
- Guidance for online teaching and available training for community teachers
- Exchange with out-of-school settings
- Opportunity for partner organisations to offer practical support