- This event has passed.
Teaching in Supplementary Schools
March 2 @ 10:00 am - 3:00 pm£75
Open College Network accredited course, Level 2 Award
10am to 3pm Mondays (six in total) between 2nd March to 20th April
at NRCSE offices
You will learn about
- the education system in England and the role of supplementary schools
- the responsibilities of teachers, including lesson planning, assessment and evaluation
- different teaching methods and learning styles
- the welfare needs of children and strategies that promote inclusion and positive behaviour.
You should have a good level of reading and writing English to complete this course.
- During lessons and at home, you will complete a Learners Booklet, making notes, writing short essays, and reflecting on your own teaching.
- In the final session, you will teach the rest of the group for 16 minutes giving a lesson on any subject of your choice.
- You will collect documents from your supplementary school including records of three lessons that you have taught, with your own lesson plans and evaluations of how successful they were.
Numbers: This course can facilitate a minimum of 8 to a maximum of 10 learners. Refreshments will be provided by NRCSE.
Book and make payment: This course is grant subsidised, so just one place per school. If you want to register for the Ofqual registered qualification ‘Level 2 Award in Teaching in Supplementary Schools and other out-of-school settings.’ you will pay just £75 to cover the cost of registration for this nationally recognised qualification. You must commit to attending all 6 sessions. Book your place.
For further information please call Iman on 020 7697 4053
We would like to thank our funders John Lyon’s Charity for their financial support for the course.