This message was sent from Reconnect
I am pleased to inform you that Reconnect in partnership with Computer Aid International and working with UCL Institute of Education is currently providing a unique preparatory programme to the first group of refugees and asylum seekers who are keen to enrol into higher education or to participate in a Teacher Training (PGCE) programme at UCL Institute of Education – a world-leading centre for research and teaching in education and social science. The programme is being run by a team of highly experienced academics and practitioners.
The Module includes an introduction to
1. Critical Reading, Academic Writing and Academic Presentation in Higher Education
2. Active, interactive and interpretive modes of learning: collaborative discussion, writing and
presentation making use of:
- Virtual learning environments – Moodle and associated applications
- Computer labs for developing familiarity with PowerPoint (or similar applications)
- Electronic journal articles and books via online resources accessible through the UCL library
3. Intercultural learning and understanding, and the British education system
The programme covers fees and cost of travel and makes a contribution to learning materials.
The programme is being provided, over 10 weeks, during the autumn, spring and summer terms 2018/19. Enrolment is for one term only; each session will be 3 hours; there will be 3 cohorts, each of 20 students.
The first group of Asylum Seekers and Refugees is currently attending the first Module (autumn term 2018) and are due to complete the course on 5 December 2018.
There will be two more opportunities to attend the Module in either of the following two terms:
– 2019 Spring Term, Thursdays, 1pm to 4pm, from 10 January to 21 March
– 2019 Summer Term, Wednesdays, 6pm to 9pm, from 24 April to 26 June
Please circulate the information to those who could benefit from this programme.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 697 4065.