We are excited to introduce supplementary schools to “The Languages Gateway,” the UK’s innovative portal dedicated to languages. This collaborative initiative is designed to serve as a comprehensive gateway, connecting individuals and organisations involved in the field. The Languages Gateway provides a wealth of opportunities, resources, and information concerning languages and their crucial role in understanding and appreciating diverse cultures and societies.
The Languages Gateway is a joint effort brought to you by a consortium of leading organisations in the fields of languages, skills, and education. The need for this invaluable portal was identified through the collaborative efforts of ‘Towards a National Languages Strategy‘, which was produced by five organisations:
- The British Academy
- The Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC)
- The Association of School and College Leaders (ASCL)
- The British Council
- Universities UK
Initial funding for The Languages Gateway’s first phase of development has been generously provided by the British Academy. It is currently under further development in close consultation with lead organisations, which include the five and:
- The Association for Language Learning (ALL)
- The Association of University Language Communities in the UK and Ireland (AULC)
- The Chartered Institute of Linguists (CIOL)
- Education Scotland
- The Institute of Languages, Cultures and Societies (ILCS)
- The National Association of Language Advisers (NALA)
- The Northern Ireland Centre for Information on Language Teaching and Research (NICILT)
- YPF Trust | centre for supplementary education (formerly NRCSE)
- Routes Into Languages Cymru
- Scotland’s National Centre for Languages (SCILT)
- The University Council for Languages (UCFL)
If you are actively involved in languages or simply interested in learning more, we strongly encourage you to engage with their website and ensure your valuable content is represented. For further information, please refer to the attached briefing note.
Website: The Languages Gateway
Thank you for your attention, we look forward to seeing your involvement in this exciting venture.